So, you want to hack someone’s laptop camera using their IP address? Now yes, doing that is possible. Someone might even have hacked yours and looked at what you are doing and ironically judging you on what a creep you are.
Well, before I judge you for even coming and reading this article, I will warn you very clearly that what you are about to do is very illegal. This article does not encourage hacking someone’s webcam for stalking and spying on them and it was written for the sole purpose of educating the masses and how to best look out and protect themselves from such vulnerabilities.
Now before going in for that webcam video, the first thing you need to get is access to your victims’ computer. Streaming the webcam is the easy part. So, here’s how to get access to your victim’s computer.
1. You can use Social Engineering
Social Engineering is a hacking tool that predates computers as well. By social engineering you trick someone through browser ads or other methods that show that their computer has been infected with a very dangerous virus or malware and they will have to contact you on the given number where the receiver poses as a Microsoft representative. Once the call has been established, you can very easily trick them into installing software that will enable remote access and with that a direct line to the webcam. This is a very fool proof way of getting access to a victim’s computer and you can even install other malwares which will eliminate the need for using the remote access software and directly stream their webcam.
2. You can use Remote Access Trojans
Normally used for nefarious and criminal purposes, remote access trojans are tools that trick your computer to provide administrator privileges to your victim’s computers. These programs can be installed using nefarious chrome extensions or websites and are practically invisible to your victims. If your victim likes to go on to pirate sites then you can very easily hook them there by bundling it with a piece of software or a game you know they will install.
3. Make the Victims PC a part of your Botnet
Botnets are basically a string or a network of PCs that can be used to take down huge sites in the form of DDos attacks. A member botnet can be created by using malwares you can install using the ever so popular technique of bundling it with pirated software, games, movies or music. Once a PC is a part of your Botnet, you can control it with order and control programming.
4. Using IP Hacks
If your victims are a part of your network, then you can very easily transmit code that can be introduced into their machine by making them click harmless looking files which will fully expose their machine to you. This is by far the easiest method of hacking a machine and gaining access to their webcam.
5. Using Meterpreter
One of the most powerful tools you can use to compromise and hack into your victim’s webcam is by using meterpreter. Installation and the use of this software tool on your victim’s computer is way beyond the scope of this article but we assure you that you can exploit your victim’s computer fully by using this and you will be able to achieve every single bit of information you can from them.
Ways to Protect Yourself from getting your Webcam Hacked
Here are some the ways through which you can help yourself from being hacked:
1. Always keep all of your software up to date. All software has vulnerabilities and their developers are working every day to keep these vulnerabilities at bay and patch whatever they can find. Hence update all the software you have on your computer and phone to lock any potential back doors you can have on your machine.
2. Stay away from free or public WIFI. If you see a free hotspot or WIFI, stay well away from it. If you are at an airport or a restaurant, then that WIFI might be the same person masquerading as the official WIFI hotspot and can very easily access not only your camera but also the information inside your phone or laptop.
3. Use VPNs when you are using public WIFI that you can trust. This will give an extra buffer between the hacker and you if you manage to connect to them.
4. Stay away from pirate websites. While you might not have the morality to think you need to pay for software, you might be getting a bad hand from karma itself as some files may have malwares that have trojans or rats inside them which will make your computer vulnerable and fully accessible to hackers.