Android messaging apps allow users to send and receive text messages, photos, videos, and other media content. Messaging apps are popular because they are convenient and easy to use. Messaging apps allow users to communicate with people located in different countries.
The apps also provide an opportunity for users to communicate with friends and family without using email or phone calls. This is especially useful if you want to have a conversation with several people at once or don’t want to disturb someone by calling them. There are a lot of different messaging apps available on Android, but some of the most popular ones are WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, and WeChat. Each one has its unique features, but they all enable you to send free messages to your friends. Each of them you may find on Appsitory.com and download the apk.
WhatsApp is a cross-platform mobile messaging app that allows you to exchange messages without paying for SMS. WhatsApp uses your phone’s internet connection to let you message and call your friends and family.
Pros of WhatsApp:
- You can message your friends and family for free.
- WhatsApp uses your phone’s internet connection to let you message and call your friends and family, so you don’t have to worry about expensive phone bills.
- WhatsApp’s messages are encrypted, so your messages can’t be intercepted or monitored.
- You don’t need to give out your phone number to use WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp is very easy to use as it has a very simple interface.
Cons of WhatsApp:
- You can only message other WhatsApp users, so you can’t communicate with people who don’t have the app.
2. Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger is a cross-platform messaging app that allows you to send free messages and make free calls. Facebook Messenger is available for free on Android.
Pros of Facebook Messenger:
- Facebook Messenger is a great alternative to text messaging because it allows you to send and receive messages, photos, videos, audio clips, and even your location for free.
- If you already have an account on Facebook, you can use the same name and profile picture. This makes Facebook Messenger easy to set up.
- Facebook Messenger is available for free on Android and other platforms.
Cons of Facebook Messenger:
- Facebook Messenger can be quite data-heavy, so you may end up using up your data allowance quickly if you use Facebook Messenger a lot.
Telegram is a free and secure messaging app that allows you to send messages, photos, videos, and files of any type (doc, zip, mp3, etc.), as well as create groups for up to 200 people. Telegram is available for free on Android. You can also visit Appsitory to see other apps for android.
Pros of Telegram:
- Telegram messages are encrypted, so third parties or governments can’t view them.
- You can use Telegram on multiple devices simultaneously, which means you can access your messages from virtually anywhere.
- Telegram has a large team of developers who constantly make improvements to the app and fix bugs. Since only a few people work on the app, updates are usually released quickly once they have been tested thoroughly.
- Telegram users can reply to messages directly from notifications without opening the app, which makes Telegram faster than other messaging apps.
- You can only communicate with people whose phone numbers are saved in your address book.
Cons of Telegram:
- Telegram isn’t as popular as WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, so there may be times when you can’t find the person you are trying to message.
- It is not possible to send photos via Telegram without opening the app.
WeChat is a messaging, social media, and payment app developed by Tencent. WeChat is available for free on Android and iOS.
Pros of WeChat:
- WeChat is a very versatile app as it allows you to send messages, photos, videos, voice messages, location data, and contacts.
- WeChat also has a social media component that allows you to follow people and brands and join groups with other WeChat users.
- You can use WeChat to make payments without having to leave the app. This makes it perfect for paying for food, clothes, or travel.
Cons of WeChat:
- WeChat is only available in Chinese and English, so you may not use it if you don’t speak either of these languages.
- It can be very confusing because there are so many features, but none of them work the same way as they do in other messaging apps.
- WeChat also has lots of ads and notifications.
Snapchat is a mobile messaging app which allows you to send photos and videos which will only be available for the recipients to view for 10 seconds before they disappear. You can also create stories of your day or chat conversations with multiple people.
Pros of Snapchat:
- You can use emojis, drawings, and filters on photos and videos to personalize them before sending them to your contacts.
- Since images or videos you send on Snapchat won’t be saved forever, it reduces the risk of having embarrassing pictures or videos resurface later.
- You don’t need to create a new account to use Snapchat – you can use your existing Facebook or Twitter account.
Cons of Snapchat:
- Since snaps only last for 10 seconds, you may not be able to share all the details of what happened in a particular situation.
- You can only communicate with other Snapchat users on your contacts list.
Many different messaging apps are available for Android, but we’ve listed the best five. Each app has its own set of pros and cons, so it’s important to decide which app would work best for you and your needs.