Keeping in mind the health concerns that have arisen today, it is always a safe option to wear masks that can help you stay protected from various kinds of microorganisms. These masks can be disposable or reusable.
Munnbind from Norway is one such provider of face masks that can prevent your body from inhaling harmful compounds and also prevents you from contaminating your surroundings. You should contact it for the best quality products and services.
The surgical mask protects you from infectious particles that may be transmitted through droplets. It is disposable and has an effective life of about 3 hours depending on its use.
Benefits of using a surgical mask
- It prevents you from the drops of saliva that can be released from exhalation. When it was worn by a care provider, it protects patients and the surrounding, that is, equipment or surfaces.
- When it is worn by a contagious patient, it prevents the surroundings from being infected.
- The mask protects you from splashes of biological fluids. In this case, the mask must have a waterproof layer. Some masks may even be equipped with a visor to protect the eyes.
Surgical masks find their use in surgeries, dentistry, in periods of isolation, and other medical procedures.
What standards need to be met by surgical masks?
European Standard EN14683
- Type 1 or BFE 1: This provides you with over 95℅ bacterial filtration efficiency.
- Type 2 or BFE 2: This provides you with over 98℅ of bacterial filtration efficiency
- Type R: It is of two types, that is, 1R and 2R where 2R is most resistant to projection.
Respirators or protective masks protect you from infection through droplets of saliva as well as from infectious molecules that can spread by an airborne route. They are reusable because the filter can be replaced once it is full.
Benefits of using receptors
- It will protect you from inhaling dust, smoke, or mist. It also protects you from inhaling anaesthetic gases and disinfectants.
- The filtering respirators have a facepiece and a filtering device that will fight particularly against particles or aerosols depending on the type of filter.
What standards need to be met by respirators?
European Standard EN149: 2001
- FFP1: It offers an aerosol filtration of 80℅ and a maximum leakage of 22℅ to inside. It is mainly used as a dust mask when involved in activities like house renovation.
- FFP2: It offers a minimum filtration of 94℅ and a maximum leakage of 8℅ to inside. It is used by healthcare professionals to stay protected from influenza virus or SARS, agriculture, construction, etc.
- FFP3: It offers a minimum filtration of 99℅ and a maximum leakage of 2℅ to inside. It can protect you from particles like asbestos.
How these masks protect you from a variety of diseases?
Patients who wear masks can avoid contamination from their surroundings. Care providers and guests should wear a mask of class FFP1 or FFP2 in case of multiresistant tuberculosis.
- Coronavirus, H1N1 and SARS
As the contagion is suspected, you should wear a surgical mask immediately. Care providers should wear masks of class FFP2 or FFP3 to stay protected from infection. It will protect you from inhaling aerosols.
- To stay protected from anthrax type bioterrorism, use respirators of class FFP2 or FFP3.
To stay safe and free from infection, you should use a good variety of masks to make sure you remain healthy. Make sure you check the quality of products.