Are you always worried about the whereabouts of your loved ones and can’t seem to track your kids? Well, it is high time you try a reliable cell phone tracker that would help you locate your family or friends remotely. After all, with a phone tracker app, you can always check whether your kids are at school or at their friend’s place instead of calling them all the time. Here, I will make you familiar with the 7 best free phone tracker apps that you can use on your Android or iOS device.
FamiSafe provides a complete solution to monitor the digital well-being of your family and get their real-time location. The application runs on all the prominent platforms and would let you monitor the exact location of your family with tons of other features.
Real-time location tracking
On the FamiSafe cell phone tracker, you can monitor the exact live location of your family that would keep updating on the map.
Detailed Location History
The application also offers a “Location History” feature to check their past whereabouts or the routes they have taken on any day.
The free phone tracker app also lets us set geofences that would instantly notify you whenever your family member would enter or leave any restricted area.
Apart from being a phone tracker, FamiSafe can also be used to apply web filters on a device or block any app remotely. There are also tons of features to enable parental controls on the target device, set up strict screen time, and even get detailed activity reports.
Runs on: Android, iOS, Fire OS, Windows, and Mac
2. Google Maps
If you are looking for a free phone tracker solution for Android devices, then you can try Google Maps. The inbuilt Android application allows us to share our location with anyone for the desired duration and can easily be used to track our loved ones.
- Google Maps has a dedicated Location Sharing feature that your family members need to enable first on their device.
- The application has an inbuilt option that would let you set up a specific duration for location sharing.
- Powered by Google, it has extremely high accuracy, but it will only work if the device is connected to a stable internet connection and its GPS feature should be enabled.
- Even though it is a 100% free phone tracker app, it only has limited features, and it can be disabled at any time.
Runs on: Android and iOS
3. Find my Friends by Apple
For all those who want to learn how to track someone’s iPhone for free, this would be an ideal solution. Developed by Apple, this is an inbuilt free phone tracker app that is found on all iOS devices. While it is pretty easy to use, the only drawback is that the other user can switch the location sharing feature on/off whenever they want.
- After adding them as your friend in the app, you can easily start sharing your real-time location (can be stopped anytime).
- It is a native phone tracker app that is developed by Apple and is available for free on every leading iPhone model.
- There is also a provision to set geofences (for school, home, etc.) and get notified whenever the other person would cross that area.
- Other features include location sharing via AirDrop, parental control configuration, location-based settings, and more.
Runs on: iOS
4. Samsung’s Find my Mobile
Just like Apple and Google, Samsung has also come up with a unique way to locate a lost or stolen device. Though the free phone tracker service can also be used to keep an eye on others (if you know their Samsung account details).
- To use this cell phone tracker hack, you need to go to their Samsung account by entering the right credentials.
- On their Samsung account’s dashboard, you can visit the “Find my Mobile” feature from the side that would provide the real-time location of the device.
- Besides that, there will be other options to ring the device remotely or lock it (for parental or privacy controls).
- As of now, there are no options to set up geofences in Samsung’s Find my Mobile tool.
Runs on: Samsung devices only
This is one of the most trusted cell phone tracking apps that you can use on both iOS and Android devices for free. It supports cross-platform tracking of devices and can also be integrated with other social apps
- The phone tracker app supports the real-time tracking of the device that you can instantly check on any paired phone.
- Apart from checking a dynamic map, the phone tracker also records dedicated past location history (with routes and check-ins).
- Glympse also supports setting up multiple geofences that can send instant alerts for check-ins and check-outs.
- There is also a dedicated ETA feature that would let you know someone’s estimated time of arrival by integrating dynamic traffic insights.
Runs on: Android and iOS
6. Family Tracker
Family Tracker has been around for a while and is considered one of the best free phone tracker apps for Android and iOS. Though only its basic version is freely available, and you can upgrade to its premium version to access advanced location tracking features.
- It supports the real-time tracking of multiple iOS and Android devices that can be managed in one place.
- Also has a “Location Ping” feature so that you can ask your kids or family members to update their location.
- There are also features in this phone tracker app to check their past location history or set up multiple geofences.
- Additional detail about the phone’s battery status is also provided. There are also dedicated SOS options that your kids can use.
Runs on: iOS and Android
7. One Locator by Family Locator
Lastly, if you want to learn how to track a cell phone for free, then you can also explore One Locator. Please note that as of now, this free phone tracker only supports Android devices and won’t be an ideal cross-platform tracking solution.
- Once the cell phone tracker app is installed on both devices, you can connect them, and start tracking their phone remotely.
- Apart from their real-time location, a dedicated history for all the past check-ins and routes would also be maintained.
- There are also provisions to set up geofences and get instant alerts whenever they would leave/enter the restricted zone.
- You can also get additional alerts whenever their cell phone’s battery is low (or if they enable any SOS signal).
Runs on: Android
I’m sure that after reading this post, you would be able to pick the best cell phone tracker app to remotely locate any Android and iOS device. Most of these solutions are extremely easy to implement and you can learn how to track someone’s phone by following basic instructions. Though, to get advanced parental control and monitoring options, a dedicated phone tracker like FamiSafe would be an ideal pick. Since it can track your kid’s real-time whereabouts with in-depth activity usage, it will help you monitor their location and phone usage remotely.